पृष्ठभागोऽयं यन्त्रेण केनचित् काले काले मार्जयित्वा यथास्रोतः परिवर्तयिष्यते। तेन मा भूदत्र शोधनसम्भ्रमः। सज्जनैः मूलमेव शोध्यताम्।
AGNĪDHRA (AGNĪDDHRA) :
1. Genealogy. Descended from Viṣṇu thus: Viṣṇu- Brahmā-Marīci-Kaśyapa-Vivasvān-Vaivasvatamanu- Priyavrata-Agnīdhra.
2. Birth. Priyavrata, son of Vaivasvatamanu, married Barhiṣmatī, daughter of Viśvakarmā. Agnīdhra was one of their ten sons. The other nine sons were: Idhma- jihvā, Yajñabāhu, Mahāvīra, Hiraṇyaretas, Ghṛta- prṣṭha, Sava, Medhātithi, Vītihotra and Kavi. A daughter also was born to Priyavrata and Barhiṣmatī named Ūrjjasvatī. Śukra married her and Devayānī was their daughter.
3) Married life. Agnīdhra married a nymph named Pūrvacitti. They had nine children: Nābhi, Kiṁ- purusa, Hari, Ilāvrata, Ramyaka, Hirañcaya, Kuru, Bhadrāśva, and Ketumāla. It was from this Kuru that the Kuru Vaṁśa began.
4) Other incidents. (1) Agnīdhra ruled over Jambu- dvīpa for a long time. (Devī Bhāgavata, Skandha 8).
(2) While he was the ruler of Jambudvīpa Agnīdhra once went into a cave and did hard tapas there with- out eating any food. Brahmā then sent a beautiful nymph (Apsarā maiden) to him to tempt him and thwart his tapas. Agnīdhra fell a victim to the tempta- tion. His penance was shaken by that nymph named Vipracitti. He married her. (Bhāgavata, Skandha 5, Chapter 2).
*5th word in right half of page 15 (+offset) in original book.