विकिशब्दकोशः:समुदायद्वारम्

विकिशब्दकोशः तः
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Request for adminship[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Hi, I am MikeLynch, and I am a bureaucrat on Sanskrit Wikipedia. I request admin rights on the sa.wiktionary in order to do maintenance works. Comments are welcome below. Thanks, MikeLynch १४:४९, २५ नवम्बर् २०११ (UTC)

Comments[सम्पाद्यताम्]

  1. Symbol support vote.svg Support I would like to see sanskrit wiktionary improving and Mike is the best one to do that Sbblr0803 १३:४३, २८ नवम्बर् २०११ (UTC)


[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Hi all, I would like to propose the translation and replacement of the logo, which is currently in English. The translation which I propose is: विकिशब्दकोशः - स्वतन्त्र संस्कृतशब्दकोशः . Please comment on this, and offer any suggestions of your own. Once the wording is finalized, we can proceed to edit it and then replace it. Regards, MikeLynch १२:५९, ८ दशम्बर् २०११ (UTC)

Thank you Mike for the concern regarding the wiktionary logo.. However I think you should use the words as विकिशब्दकोशः - स्वतन्त्रसंस्कृतशब्दकोशः.. The only difference is that the words should be joined together and not separated... Otherwise I fully agree to it.. Sbblr0803 ११:२९, १६ डिसेम्बर् २०११ (UTC)[]

Request for adminship extension[सम्पाद्यताम्]

I request extension of my admin tools for 6 months in order to continue the maintenance and import works I have been doing, as well as some beautification work. Thanks, MikeLynch (talk) १०:४३, २८ फ़ेब्रुवरि २०१२ (UTC)

Support[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Support समर्थनम् Sorry for the delay in voting. Sbblr0803 (वार्ता) १२:४४, १९ मार्च् २०१२ (UTC)[]

आरक्षकाय निर्देशः[सम्पाद्यताम्]

अधुना सम्स्कृतविक्कि शब्दकोशे आरक्षका न सन्ति इति कष्टम्। अतः मलयाळम् विक्किनिघण्डु मध्यॆ आरक्षकः योजकः:viswaprabha नामकः योजकः अत्र आरक्षकः भवतु इति निर्देशः। सः सम्स्कृतज्ञः विक्किपीडियायां बहुकालादारभ्य सक्रियः साङ्केतिकविषये निपुणश्च। --पकलोन् जलारण्यः ०५:०४, ६ फ़ेब्रुवरि २०१३ (UTC)।

Thank you for nominating. I am willing to be a sysop/bureaucrat at sa.wiktionary.org ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ) (अम्भाषणम्) ०६:११, ६ फ़ेब्रुवरि २०१३ (UTC)
Support समर्थनम् There is a desperate requirement of a dedicated administartor for the betterment of Samskrit Wikikosha.Having known the admirable contributions made by ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ) towards Malayalam Wikikosha, I support him. - योजकः:SumanaKoundinya
Support समर्थनम् मार्गदर्शकं विना किङ्कर्तव्यतामूढः जातः अस्ति अयं संस्कृतविकिकोशप्रकल्पः । अत्र सुष्ठु मार्गदर्शनाय अत्यन्तं यॊग्यः अस्ति योजकः:viswaprabha । अन्यॆषु प्रकल्पॆषु तस्य उत्कृष्टस्य मार्गदर्शनस्य साक्षिभूता अहं, तस्य समर्थनं मनःपूर्वकं करॊमि । - Shubha (अम्भाषणम्) १०:५१, ६ फ़ेब्रुवरि २०१३ (UTC)
Support समर्थनम् - DVSSastry (अम्भाषणम्) १२:२७, ६ फ़ेब्रुवरि २०१३ (UTC)

विस्वनाथवर्यः संस्कृतविकिकोशे आरक्षकदायित्वं निर्वहतु इत्यस्मिन् अस्माकं सहमतं प्रदर्षयित्वा बहु दिनानि अभवन्, प्रक्रिया अग्रे न गता इति मन्ये । अतः अन्तिमनिर्णयार्थं किं करणीयमिति कृपया सूचयतु । -योजकः:SumanaKoundinya

Support समर्थनम् बहुज्ञोऽयं बहुकार्यशीलोऽपि सदस्यः। तस्य प्रबन्धकत्वे प्रकल्पोऽयम् उन्नतिं यास्यतीति विश्वसिमि। धन्यवादः। -Hemant wikikosh (अम्भाषणम्) १७:३४, १५ मार्च् २०१३ (UTC)[]

विकिकोशस्य जालपुटे लघुसार्वत्रिकविभवसङ्केतप्राप्त्यै समर्थनम् (ShortUrl on Samskrit wikisource project)[सम्पाद्यताम्]

संस्कृतविकिपुटस्य सम्पर्कम् अन्यजालपुटेषु दानावसरे अत्यन्तं दीर्घं सार्वत्रिकविभवसङ्केतं (URL) प्राप्नुमः यश्च बहुधा क्लेशं जनयति । अस्याः समस्यायाः निवारणाय तान्त्रिकसाहाय्यं प्रार्थितमस्ति येन हिन्दीभाषापुटेषु शिरोनाम्नः अधः यः लघुः सङ्केतः दृश्यते तादृशः सङ्केतः प्राप्यते । विकिकोशस्य जालपुटे इदं सौलभ्यं प्राप्तव्यमस्ति । तन्निमित्तं भवतां समर्थनम् अत्र सूचयन्तु ।

It has been proposed to provide short url facility(replacing the tawp.in shorturl external installation) on Samskrit wiktionary project. Find below the consensus of Community.--Sayant Mahato (सम्भाषणम्) ०४:२०, ३ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)

  1. Support समर्थनम्--Shubha (सम्भाषणम्) ०४:४१, ३ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)
  2. Support समर्थनम्--Narayanan V T (सम्भाषणम्) ०५:३५, ३ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)
  3. Support समर्थनम्--Premaskanth13 (सम्भाषणम्) ०६:४१, ३ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)
  4. Support समर्थनम्--Sayant Mahato (सम्भाषणम्) ०५:३५, ४ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)
  5. Support समर्थनम्----Vaishnavi (सम्भाषणम्) ०७:४४, ४ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)
  6. Support समर्थनम्----JVRKPRASAD (सम्भाषणम्) ०८:२७, ५ अप्रैल २०१५ (UTC)

Correction of namespace names in Sanskrit[सम्पाद्यताम्]

English Old Sanskrit New Sanskrit Status
(Main) मुख्यम् मुख्यम् Not need
Talk सम्भाषणम् सम्भाषणम् Not need
User योजकः योजकः Not need
User Talk योजकसम्भाषणम् योजकसम्भाषणम् Not need
Wikipedia विकिपीडिया विकिपीडिया Not need
Wikipedia talk विकिपीडियासम्भाषणम् विकिपीडियासम्भाषणम् Not need
Also: ---- ----- I don't know
Wiktionary Wiktionary विकिशब्दकोशः Please put new
Wiktionary talk Wiktionaryसम्भाषणम् विकिशब्दकोशसम्भाषणम् Please put new
Wikibooks Wikibooks विकिपुस्तकानि Please put new
Wikibooks talk Wikibooksसम्भाषणम् विकिपुस्तकसम्भाषणम् Please put new
Wikiquote विकिसूक्तिः विकिसूक्तिः Not need
Wikiquote talk Wikiquoteसम्भाषणम् विकिसूक्तिसम्भाषणम् Please put new
Wikisource Wikisource विकिस्रोतः Please put new
Wikisource talk Wikisourceसम्भाषणम् विकिस्रोतस्सम्भाषणम् Please put new
File ---- सञ्चिका Please put new
File talk ---- सञ्चिकासम्भाषणम् Please put new
MediaWiki मीडियाविकि मीडियाविकि Not need
MediaWiki talk मीडियाविकिसम्भाषणम् मीडियाविकिसम्भाषणम् Not need
Template फलकम् फलकम् Not need
Template talk फलकस्य सम्भाषणम् फलकसम्भाषणम् Please put new
Help सहाय्यम् साहाय्यम् Please put new
Help talk सहाय्यस्य सम्भाषणम् साहाय्यसम्भाषणम् Please put new
Category वर्गः वर्गः Not need
Category talk वर्गसम्भाषणम् वर्गसम्भाषणम् Not need
Module Module मॉड्यूल Please put new
Module talk Module talk मॉड्यूलसम्भाषणम् Please put new

नमस्ते सर्वेभ्यः ! संस्कृतविकिपीडिया, संस्कृतस्रोतः इत्यादिषु प्रकल्पेषु नामाकाशानां दोषाः सन्ति । तेषां परिवर्तने मया अत्र मत्कुणः (Bug) स्थापितः अस्ति । अत्र कृपया स्वमतं दत्त्वा कार्यस्यास्य समर्थनं करोतु इति निवेदनम् । अस्तु । ॐNehalDaveND ०५:५८, ८ जून २०१५ (UTC)

चर्चा[सम्पाद्यताम्]

एषः निर्णयः संस्कृतविकिपीडिया-समुदायेन स्वीकृतः आसीत् । अधुना एतस्य मत्कुणस्य कार्यं समापयितुं विकिकोशस्य समुदायेनापि पुष्टिः करणीया । येन एतत् कार्यं पूर्णताङ्गच्छेत् । सर्वेभ्यः निवेदयामि यत्, सर्वे परिवर्तनं पुष्टयितुं स्वस्य मतं यच्छन्तु इति । NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ११:५७, ७ मई २०१६ (UTC)

समर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

असमर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

तटस्थम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Cooperation[सम्पाद्यताम्]

I am working in English wiktionary with Sanskrit and Telugu words. I am creating pages for Sanskrit words and their English translations and other details. I welcome; if someone native speaker of Sanskrit to check my work. Kindly look here: [१] Thanking you.--Rajasekhar1961 (सम्भाषणम्) ०६:०३, १ अगस्त २०१५ (UTC)

Admin rights[सम्पाद्यताम्]

I want to make this project alive. For that I want admin rights. You can see my contribution here NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ११:२७, १६ जनवरी २०१६ (UTC)[]

समर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

असमर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

तटस्थम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

sanskritnlpbot[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Purpose: Add dictionary entries from several sanskrit dictionaries collected by this project.

Function details:

  • Existing text will not be overwritten - dictionary entries from published books will be put in a separate section, which will be updated periodically with corrections from other projects such as IITS Koeln. A notice to that effect will be prepended in the section, for the convenience of users.
  • Users will of course free and encouraged to make corrections to any other part of the page that is not mechanically updated.

अन्यत्र क्रियादक्षताप्रमाणानि - विकिस्रोतस्यमुनैव यन्त्रकर्त्रा तत्रत्यैस् समर्थितं यन्त्रं किञ्चन सृष्टम्।

  • अत्र यन्त्रोपाधिप्रार्थना करिष्यते।

चर्चा[सम्पाद्यताम्]

  • I am also want to work on this project. So I asked for adminship too. But some reasons I couldn't work in this project. If you wants to work on this project and you want some administrative support I can do any time. My questions are -

- please tell me which are the steps you will follow to put those word  ?

- The sentence which you wrote in Sanskrit here is very wrong grammatically. So Please tell me how you will fulfill that problem ? You have some one who has proper Sanskrit knowledge ?

I am asking these questions to you. But I will not decide to support you on base of your answers. I am asking you these, because I want to also involve in this work. I will support you after you answers. Thank you. NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) १८:१४, १० मार्च २०१६ (UTC)

मान्य नेहल, "अन्यत्र क्रियादक्षताप्रमाणानि - विकिस्रोतस्यमुनैव यन्त्रकर्त्रा तत्रत्यैस् समर्थितं यन्त्रं किञ्चन सृष्टम्।" इति मया लिखीते को नाम व्याकरणदोषः। मम संस्कृतज्ञाने लोपाः सन्ति चेद् ध्रुवं दर्शनीयाः। तद्दर्शयताम्। अस्तु - न मामभिजानातीति दृश्यते भवान्। अपि whatsapp-सम्पर्को विस्मृतो यो भवता "संस्कृतेन जल्पः" इत्यादिषु गणेषु साधितः? Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) ०२:४६, १५ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
नमस्ते Vishvas vasuki-महोदय ! संस्कृतेन जल्पः इत्यस्य सन्दर्भं ज्ञात्वा मम संस्मरणम् अभवत् । भवतः प्रयासः तु उत्तमः महोदय । एतत्तु अहं स्वस्पष्टतायै पृष्टवान् । एतत् अन्यथा मा स्वीकरोतु । प्रारम्भ एवाहम् अवदं यत्, भवतः उत्तरं मे समर्थनस्य आधारः न भविष्यति । एतत् कार्यं सर्वदा संस्कृतहितकरम् । विकिस्रोतस्यमुनैव, तत्रत्यैस्, लिखीते इत्यादयः दोषाः एव । यदि न सन्ति, तर्हि कृपया तस्य शब्दस्य अर्थं बोधयतु । एषः तु विवादविषयः संस्कृतकार्ये नावश्यकः । भवान् एतस्य उत्तरं न दास्यति चेदपि मे सन्तोषः । यथा पूर्वं मयोक्तं कार्यस्यास्य कृते यदि साहाय्यम् इच्छति, तर्हि सूचयतु । एकं सत्यं विप्राः बहुधा वदन्ति अस्तु । NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ०५:५४, १५ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
सज्जन नेहल। प्रीतोऽस्मि त्वदीयं संस्कृतमुत्तरं पठित्वा। ममाभिप्राये तावकी संस्कृते गतिरुत्तराऽङ्ग्लभाषापेक्षया - यतो भवत आङ्ग्लोत्तरं पठित्वा भवदभिप्रायं स्पष्टमवगन्तुं नाहं शक्तवान्। तदस्तु। भवतो विपर्ययान् निवारयाम्यधुना। विकिस्रोतस्यमुनैव यन्त्रकर्त्रा तत्रत्यैस् समर्थितं यन्त्रं किञ्चन सृष्टम्। इति वाक्यखण्डं गृह्णातु। विकिस्रोतसि अमुना एव यन्त्रकर्त्रा तत्रत्यैः समर्थितम् … इत्यादि सन्धिविभजनम्। तत्र "अमुना" इति शब्दस्य निष्पत्तिं भवान् अत्र पठितुं शक्नोति। विसर्जनीयस्य सः (8।3।34) इत्यनेन च तत्रत्यैः + समर्थितं = तत्रत्यैस् समर्थितम् इति भवत्येव। यदि तत्रत्यैस्समर्थितम् इत्येव लिखितव्यमिति चेदाक्षेपः, स भवति भवद्दृष्ट्या लिपिदोषः, न कदाचिद् व्याकरणदोषः - रिक्तस्थाननिवेशने वा तन्निरसने वा नास्ति किञ्चित् सूत्रं पाणिनीयं हैमं चान्द्रं वाऽपि। प्राचीनतालपत्रेषु नास्त्येव रिक्तस्थानप्रयोगः। तत्राऽपि वक्तव्यमेव यन्ममाभिप्राये "तत्रत्यैस् समर्थनम्" इति लिपिविकारः "तत्रत्यैस्समर्थनम्" इति लेखनस्यापेक्षया पाठकसुखप्रदः। लिखीते इति तु क्षुद्रष्टङ्कनदोष एव क्षन्तव्यः, न तद् व्याकरणज्ञानाकौशललक्षणम्। वादे वादे वर्धते विद्या इत्यनया दृष्ट्या तु मम वादे न काचिद्ध्रीः। न स्याद् भवतोऽपि। कार्येऽस्मिन् भवत्समर्थनं सूचयत्व् अधः। (उपरि यथोक्तम् आङ्ग्ललेखस्याशयो न स्पष्टः)। 🙏 Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) १६:०३, १५ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
"please tell me which are the steps you will follow to put those word  ?" इति प्रश्नस्योत्तरे त्वयं क्रमः - विकियन्त्रस्य कस्यचिन्निर्माणम्, तत्प्रयोग इत्येव। उदाहरणार्थं हरि-पृष्ठे ऽसत्य् आदौ तत् स्रक्ष्यते। ततश्च क्रमशः शब्दकल्पद्रुम-वाचस्पत्यादिभ्य अर्था निक्षेप्स्यन्ते पृथक्कृते पृष्ठभागे। पश्चादुदाहरणं दर्शयिष्यामि भवद्भ्योऽत्र। Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) १६:१६, १५ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
भो सज्जनाः। प्राग् यथा ऽशपम्, तथाधुना १० उदाहरणान्यत्र द्रष्टुं शक्यानि। तानि दृश्यन्ताम्। सूचनाश्च ददत। ततो भवद्भिरनुज्ञातो ऽखिलमपि कल्पद्रुमादिकं कोशगतार्थसङ्ग्रहम् उपारोपयिष्यामि। 🙏Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) ०२:३१, १९ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
हन्त - कश्चन दोषो दृष्टः - शोधयामि सद्यः। ततोऽत्र पुनः परीक्षां चोदयिष्यामि। Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) ०३:१३, १९ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
पुनः परीक्षार्थं सिद्धानि पृष्ठानि। Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) ०४:१२, १९ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
  • I thing NehalDave's questions are reasonable. I also agree to support this project, so @Vishvas vasuki should answer once. This work is very very good. Yograj (सम्भाषणम्) ०६:३०, ११ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
Dear Yograj, I have answered shrI nehal's question to the best of my ability - essentially requesting him to show the alleged grammatical error. I will very much be surprised if one exists. Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) ०२:५०, १५ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)

समर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

  1. Support समर्थनम् विश्वासो वासुकिवर्यः संस्कृत-सङ्गणकसम्बद्धेषु कार्येषु आत्मानं बहुधा संयोज्य अनेकान् प्रकल्पान् आरब्धवान्, निरूढवान्, निर्वहञ्च विद्यते । कार्यस्य वेगवर्धनाय इदम् अत्यन्तम् अपेक्षितमस्ति इत्यतः इदं दृढं समर्थ्यते मया । --Shubha (सम्भाषणम्) ०६:०४, ११ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
  2. Support समर्थनम्--Narayanan V T (सम्भाषणम्) ०६:१३, ११ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
  3. Support समर्थनम् --Premaskanth13 (सम्भाषणम्) ०७:०४, ११ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
  4. Support समर्थनम्--Sayant Mahato (सम्भाषणम्) १४:३४, १४ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
  5. Support समर्थनम्-- नेहलमहोदयेन उत्तराधारितं समर्थनं नोक्तम् आसीत् । सः तु स्वमनसि विद्यमानस्य शङ्कायाः विषये प्रश्नं कुर्वन् आसीत् । भवान् केवलं व्याकरणदोषस्यैव उत्तरम् अयच्छत् । तथापि अहं भवतः समर्थनं करोमि । विवादशून्यं संस्कृतकार्यम् इति सर्वेषां लक्ष्यं स्यात् । Yograj (सम्भाषणम्) ०८:१५, १५ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
  6. Support समर्थनम्-- नमस्करोमि । एतावता तु मया श्रुतम् आसीत् यत्, योग्यैः सह विवादः ज्ञानफलं ददाति इति । परन्तु अधुना तु तन्मे प्रत्यक्षम् । भवता यत्प्रतिपादितं तत्तु ज्ञानप्रदम् । अस्तु । NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ०६:०१, १६ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)


सर्वैरपि सज्जनैर् भवद्भिरुपकृतोऽस्मि प्रोत्साहितश्चास्मि। भूयो भूयो नमस्यामि वः। मासाभ्यन्तरे कार्यमारब्धुं निरीक्षे। Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) ०३:३५, १७ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)

असमर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Admin rights renewal[सम्पाद्यताम्]

I want to make this project alive. For that I want to renew admin rights. You can see my contribution here NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ०४:३७, २४ अप्रैल २०१६ (UTC)

समर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

  1. Support समर्थनम्-- Yograj (सम्भाषणम्) ०४:४२, २४ अप्रैल २०१६ (UTC)
  2. Support समर्थनम्-- Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) १६:२४, २७ मई २०१६ (UTC)

असमर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

तटस्थम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

मुखपुटे सङ्ख्यादोषः[सम्पाद्यताम्]

सज्जनाः, मुखपुटे "अस्मिन् सद्यः विद्यमानाः शब्दाः - २,२९३" इत्यसत्यम् दृश्यते। कुत इयं सङ्ख्या प्राप्ता, कथञ्च शोधनीया? Vishvas vasuki (सम्भाषणम्) १६:२४, २७ मई २०१६ (UTC)

Standard bot policy[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Hello,

To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage (interwiki) linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots. At this moment the Wiktionaries are not supported by Wikidata yet, so interwiki bot activity will still be present in this project.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page (or the community page where bot requests are handled) from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at my talk page at Meta-Wiki.

Thank you very much, --MarcoAurelio १०:५०, २९ जून २०१६ (UTC)

Done. --MarcoAurelio (सम्भाषणम्) ११:४६, २५ नवम्बर २०१६ (UTC)

IST समयवलयस्य स्थापनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

नमः सर्वेभ्यः अस्माकं प्रकल्पे भारतीयकालमानस्य आवश्यकतात्वात् मया अत्र मत्कुणः स्थापितः अस्ति। कृपया स्वमतं अत्र दत्त्वा एतस्य कार्यस्य पूर्णतायै योगदानं ददातु। अस्तु। NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ०७:३१, १५ मार्च २०१७ (UTC)

A note about a future change[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Hi everyone. Some of you have already noticed this in m:Tech News as it's been already mentioned twice, but I wanted to flag again that because of an upcoming change, there's some code that may need to be fixed on this wiki:

You can find the list of the pages you'll want to check in a table on mw.org. In most cases those are false positives, and you only really need to fix as explained on mw.org when the "defective" syntax is inside a template or a wikilink, basically. When you have completed the checks, please edit the Notes field of the table accordingly! If you have questions, please reach the team on the talk page. Hope this helps, and thanks for your attention and your help, --Elitre (WMF) (सम्भाषणम्) १०:३१, १६ मई २०१७ (UTC)

I have also mentioned this change today in an email to tech ambassadors. So far the table on mediawiki.org doesn't reflect any fixes on this wiki. I'll just add that fixes are of course possible also after the change happens, although it may be suboptimal, and that you may want to look into automated means of solving the problem (come ask how en:Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser was used on the big wikis, for example). Hope this helps. Elitre (WMF) (सम्भाषणम्) १३:०४, २२ मई २०१७ (UTC)

देवनागरी-अङ्कम् उत्सर्गत्वेन स्थापयितुम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

नमः सर्वेभ्यः! संस्कृतभाषायाः विकिपीडिया, विकिस्रोतः, विकिसूक्तिः, विकिशब्दकोशः, विकिपुस्तकम् इत्यादीनां प्रकल्पानाम् अङ्काः देवनागर्याम् एव उत्सर्गत्वेन भवेयुः इति समुदायस्य दीर्घकालीनः विचारः आसीत्। परन्तु कथं करणीयम् इति अस्पष्टम् आसीत्। जयप्रकाशमहोदयः तत्सम्बद्धं मार्गं प्राप्तवान् अस्ति। परन्तु तस्य कृते अस्माकं संस्कृतभाषायाः सर्वप्रकल्पानां समुदायैः देवनागरी-अङ्काः उत्सर्गत्वेन स्थापयितुं समर्थनं करणीयम् इति प्रथमं सोपानम्। अतः सर्वेभ्यः निवेदयामि यत्, कृपया कार्येऽस्मिन् स्वस्य समर्थनं कृत्वा साहाय्यं करोतु इति। NehalDaveND (सम्भाषणम्) ०९:५६, १३ जनवरी २०१८ (UTC)[]

टिप्पणी[सम्पाद्यताम्]

समर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Support समर्थनम् अतीव महत्त्वपूर्णं कार्यम्। प्रतिमा (सम्भाषणम्) १०:२४, १३ जनवरी २०१८ (UTC)[]

असमर्थनम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

ताटस्थ्यम्[सम्पाद्यताम्]

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming bots workshops: Understanding community needs[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Greetings, as you may be aware that as part of Small wiki toolkits - South Asia, we conduct a workshop every month on technical topics to help small wikis. In February, we are planning on organizing a workshop on the topic of bots. Bots are automated tools that carry out repetitive, tedious and mundane tasks. To help us structure the workshop, we would like understand the needs of the community in this regard. Please let us know any of

  • a) repetitive/mundane tasks that you generally do, especially for maintenance
  • b) tasks you think can be automated on your wiki.

Please let us your inputs on workshops talk page, before 7 February 2021. You can also let me know your inputs by emailing me or pinging me here in this section. Please note that you do not need to have any programming knowledge for this workshop or to give input. Regards, KCVelaga १३:४५, २८ जनवरी २०२१ (UTC)[]

Call for feedback: WMF Community Board seats & Office hours tomorrow[सम्पाद्यताम्]

(sorry for posting in English)

Dear Wikimedians,

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. Below you will find the problem statement and various ideas from the Board to address it. We are offering multiple channels for questions and feedback. With the help of a team of community facilitators, we are organizing multiple conversations with multiple groups in multiple languages.

During this call for feedback we publish weekly reports and we draft the final report that will be delivered to the Board. With the help of this report, the Board will approve the next steps to organize the selection of six community seats in the upcoming months. Three of these seats are due for renewal and three are new, recently approved.

Participate in this call for feedback and help us form a more diverse and better performing Board of Trustees!

Problems: While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. This problem was identified in the Board’s 2019 governance review, along with recommendations for how to address it.

To solve the problem of capacity, we have agreed to increase the Board size to a maximum of 16 trustees (it was 10). Regarding performance and diversity, we have approved criteria to evaluate new Board candidates. What is missing is a process to promote community candidates that represent the diversity of our movement and have the skills and experience to perform well on the Board of a complex global organization.

Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. Meanwhile, our movement has grown larger and more complex, our technical and strategic needs have increased, and we have new and more difficult policy challenges around the globe. As well, our Movement Strategy recommendations urge us to increase our diversity and promote perspectives from other regions and other social backgrounds.

In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. What process can we all design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?

Ideas: The Board has discussed several ideas to overcome the problems mentioned above. Some of these ideas could be taken and combined, and some discarded. Other ideas coming from the call for feedback could be considered as well. The ideas are:

  • Ranked voting system. Complete the move to a single transferable vote system, already used to appoint affiliate-selected seats, which is designed to best capture voters’ preferences.
  • Quotas. Explore the possibility of introducing quotas to ensure certain types of diversity in the Board (details about these quotas to be discussed in this call for feedback).
  • Call for types of skills and experiences. When the Board makes a new call for candidates, they would specify types of skills and experiences especially sought.
  • Vetting of candidates. Potential candidates would be assessed using the Trustee Evaluation Form and would be confirmed or not as eligible candidates.
  • Board-delegated selection committee. The community would nominate candidates that this committee would assess and rank using the Trustee Evaluation Form. This committee would have community elected members and Board appointed members.
  • Community-elected selection committee. The community would directly elect the committee members. The committee would assess and rank candidates using the Trustee Evaluation Form.
  • Election of confirmed candidates. The community would vote for community nominated candidates that have been assessed and ranked using the Trustee Evaluation Form. The Board would appoint the most voted candidates.
  • Direct appointment of confirmed candidates. After the selection committee produces a ranked list of community nominated candidates, the Board would appoint the top-ranked candidates directly.

Call for feedback: The call for feedback runs from February 1 until the end of March 14. We are looking for a broad representation of opinions. We are interested in the reasoning and the feelings behind your opinions. In a conversation like this one, details are important. We want to support good conversations where everyone can share and learn from others. We want to hear from those who understand Wikimedia governance well and are already active in movement conversations. We also want to hear from people who do not usually contribute to discussions. Especially those who are active in their own roles, topics, languages or regions, but usually not in, say, a call for feedback on Meta.

You can participate by joining the Telegram chat group, and giving feedback on any of the talk pages on Meta-Wiki. We are welcoming the organisation of conversations in any language and in any channel. If you want us to organize a conversation or a meeting for your wiki project or your affiliate, please write to me. I will also reach out to communities and affiliates to soon have focused group discussions.

An office hour is also happening tomorrow at 12 pm (UTC) to discuss this topic. Access link will be available 15 minutes before the scheduled time (please watch the office hour page for the link, and I will also share on mailing lists). In case you are not able to make it, please don't worry, there will be more discussions and meetings in the next few weeks.

Regards, KCVelaga (WMF) १६:३१, १ फेब्रवरी २०२१ (UTC)[]

[Small wiki toolkits] Bot workshop: 27 February[सम्पाद्यताम्]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we are happy to announce the second workshop of this year. The workshop will be on "bots", and we will be learning how to perform tasks on wiki by running automated scripts, about Pywikibot and how it can be used to help with repetitive processes and editing, and the Pywikibot community, learning resources and community venues. Please note that you do not need any technical experience to attend the workshop, only some experience contributing to Wikimedia projects is enough.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

Please sign-up on the registration page at https://w.wiki/yYg.

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, १०:११, १८ फेब्रवरी २०२१ (UTC)

WMF Community Board seats: Upcoming panel discussions[सम्पाद्यताम्]

As a result of the first three weeks of the call for feedback on WMF Community Board seats, three topics turned out to be the focus of the discussion. Additionally, a new idea has been introduced by a community member recently: Candidates resources. We would like to pursue these focus topics and the new idea appropriately, discussing them in depth and collecting new ideas and fresh approaches by running four panels in the next week. Every panel includes four members from the movement covering many regions, backgrounds and experiences, along with a trustee of the Board. Every panel will last 45 minutes, followed by a 45-minute open mic discussion, where everyone’s free to ask questions or to contribute to the further development of the panel's topics.

To counter spamming, the meeting link will be updated on the Meta-Wiki pages and also on the Telegram announcements channel, 15 minutes before the official start.

Let me know if you have any questions, KCVelaga (WMF), ०८:३६, १० मार्च् २०२१ (UTC)[]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Debugging/fixing template errors" - 27 March[सम्पाद्यताम्]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we are happy to announce the third workshop of this year. The workshop will be on "Debugging/fixing template errors", and we will learn how to address the common template errors on wikis (related but not limited to importing templates, translating them, Lua, etc.).

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, ०७:०१, १६ मार्च् २०२१ (UTC)

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Designing responsive main pages" - 30 April (Friday)[सम्पाद्यताम्]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we would like to announce the third workshop of this year on “Designing responsive main pages”. The workshop will take place on 30 April (Friday). During this workshop, we will learn to design main pages of a wiki to be responsive. This will allow the pages to be mobile-friendly, by adjusting the width and the height according to various screen sizes. Participants are expected to have a good understanding of Wikitext/markup and optionally basic CSS.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

If you are interested, please sign-up on the registration page at https://w.wiki/3CGv.

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, १५:५२, १९ एप्रिल् २०२१ (UTC)

Call for Election Volunteers: 2021 WMF Board elections[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Hello all,

Based on an extensive call for feedback earlier this year, the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees announced the plan for the 2021 Board elections. Apart from improving the technicalities of the process, the Board is also keen on improving active participation from communities in the election process. During the last elections, Voter turnout in prior elections was about 10% globally. It was better in communities with volunteer election support. Some of those communities reached over 20% voter turnout. We know we can get more voters to help assess and promote the best candidates, but to do that, we need your help.

We are looking for volunteers to serve as Election Volunteers. Election Volunteers should have a good understanding of their communities. The facilitation team sees Election Volunteers as doing the following:

  • Promote the election and related calls to action in community channels.
  • With the support from facilitators, organize discussions about the election in their communities.
  • Translate “a few” messages for their communities

Check out more details about Election Volunteers and add your name next to the community you will support in this table. We aim to have at least one Election Volunteer, even better if there are two or more sharing the work. If you have any queries, please ping me under this message or email me. Regards, KCVelaga (WMF) ०५:२१, १२ मे २०२१ (UTC)[]

Candidates from South Asia for 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board Elections[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may be aware, the Wikimedia Foundation has started elections for community seats on the Board of Trustees. While previously there were three community seats on the Board, with the expansion of the Board to sixteen seats last year, community seats have been increased to eight, four of which are up for election this year.

In the last fifteen years of the Board's history, there were only a few candidates from the South Asian region who participated in the elections, and hardly anyone from the community had a chance to serve on the Board. While there are several reasons for this, this time, the Board and WMF are very keen on encouraging and providing support to potential candidates from historically underrepresented regions. This is a good chance to change the historical problem of representation from the South Asian region in high-level governance structures.

Ten days after the call for candidates began, there aren't any candidates from South Asia yet, there are still 10 days left! I would like to ask community members to encourage other community members, whom you think would be potential candidates for the Board. While the final decision is completely up to the person, it can be helpful to make sure that they are aware of the election and the call for candidates.

Let me know if you need any information or support.

Thank you, KCVelaga (WMF) १०:०३, १९ जून् २०२१ (UTC)[]

[Wikimedia Foundation elections 2021] Candidates meet with South Asia + ESEAP communities[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, the 2021 Board of Trustees elections are from 4 August 2021 to 17 August 2021. Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect four candidates to a three-year term.

After a three-week-long Call for Candidates, there are 20 candidates for the 2021 election. This event is for community members of South Asian and ESEAP communities to know the candidates and interact with them.

  • The event will be on 31 July 2021 (Saturday), and the timings are:
  • India & Sri Lanka: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
  • Bangladesh: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
  • Nepal: 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm
  • Afghanistan: 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
  • Pakistan & Maldives: 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm

KCVelaga (WMF), १०:००, १९ जुलै २०२१ (UTC)[]

2021 WMF Board election postponed until August 18th[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Hello all,

We are reaching out to you today regarding the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. This election was due to open on August 4th. Due to some technical issues with SecurePoll, the election must be delayed by two weeks. This means we plan to launch the election on August 18th, which is the day after Wikimania concludes. For information on the technical issues, you can see the Phabricator ticket.

We are truly sorry for this delay and hope that we will get back on schedule on August 18th. We are in touch with the Elections Committee and the candidates to coordinate the next steps. We will update the Board election Talk page and Telegram channel as we know more.

Thanks for your patience, KCVelaga (WMF), ०३:४९, ३ आगस्ट् २०२१ (UTC)[]

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Election is open: 18 - 31 August 2021[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three-week-long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.

The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community and affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.

Read the full announcement and see translations on Meta-Wiki.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding voting. KCVelaga (WMF), ०६:११, १८ आगस्ट् २०२१ (UTC)[]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[सम्पाद्यताम्]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), ०६:२४, १८ आगस्ट् २०२१ (UTC)[]

[Reminder] Wikimedia Foundation elections 2021: 3 days left to vote[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, Wikimedia Foundation elections started on 18 August and will continue until 31 August, 23:59 UTC i.e. ~ 3 days left.

Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect four candidates to a three-year term.

Here are the links that might be useful for voting.

We have also published stats regarding voter turnout so far, you can check how many eligible voters from your wiki has voted on this page.

Please let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), ०५:४०, २९ आगस्ट् २०२१ (UTC)[]

Results of 2021 Wikimedia Foundation elections[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2021 Board election. The Elections Committee has reviewed the votes of the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, organized to select four new trustees. A record 6,873 people from across 214 projects cast their valid votes. The following four candidates received the most support:

  • Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
  • Victoria Doronina
  • Dariusz Jemielniak
  • Lorenzo Losa

While these candidates have been ranked through the community vote, they are not yet appointed to the Board of Trustees. They still need to pass a successful background check and meet the qualifications outlined in the Bylaws. The Board has set a tentative date to appoint new trustees at the end of this month.

Read the full announcement here. MediaWiki message delivery (सम्भाषणम्) ०२:५६, ८ सेप्टेम्बर् २०२१ (UTC)[]

Universal Code of Conduct EDGR conversation hour for South Asia[सम्पाद्यताम्]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of behaviour for collaboration on Wikimedia projects worldwide. Communities may add to this to develop policies that take account of local and cultural context while maintaining the criteria listed here as a minimum standard. The Wikimedia Foundation Board has ratified the policy in December 2020.

The current round of conversations is around how the Universal Code of Conduct should be enforced across different Wikimedia platforms and spaces. This will include training of community members to address harassment, development of technical tools to report harassment, and different levels of handling UCoC violations, among other key areas.

The conversation hour is an opportunity for community members from South Asia to discuss and provide their feedback, which will be passed on to the drafting committee. The details of the conversation hour are as follows:

You can also attend the global round table sessions hosted on 18 September - more details can be found on this page. MediaWiki message delivery (सम्भाषणम्) १०:४७, १० सेप्टेम्बर् २०२१ (UTC)[]

Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[सम्पाद्यताम्]

This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.

The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:

  • Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
  • Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
  • Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.

The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.

For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (wikimedia2030@wikimedia.org).

Best, RamzyM (WMF) ०२:४६, २२ सेप्टेम्बर् २०२१ (UTC)[]